The Office of Event Productions at
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
2825 Lexington Road
Louisville, KY 40280
Office Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm M-F
Eligibility to be Married at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
To be married at SBTS, individuals must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Be a student or the son/daughter of a student of SBTS or Boyce College
2. Be an employee or the son/daughter of an employee of SBTS or Boyce College
3. Be an Alumni or the son/daughter of an Alumni of SBTS or Boyce College
4. Be a Trustee or the son/daughter of a Trustee of SBTS
An Event Hostess from the Office of Event Productions will be assigned to your wedding. The hostess will guide you through the wedding planning process for all events held on campus including the rehearsal, wedding ceremony and reception.
The Office of Event Productions requests that two meetings be scheduled with the bride/groom, or their wedding coordinator, to arrange the wedding plans and discuss questions concerning the ceremony. The client is responsible for scheduling these meetings with the Office of Event Productions.
The first meeting will take place after the initial wedding request has been submitted to Event Productions and has been approved. In order for your request to be processed, please submit pages 6-7 of the Wedding Application Packet PDF and your Pastoral Reference Letter to the Office of Event Productions.
The second meeting will take place one month prior to the wedding. Please be prepared to discuss the final details for the wedding ceremony and reception.
Wedding Forms and Fees
The forms found on pages 6-7 of the Wedding Application Packet PDF and the pastoral reference letter must be received before the request will be processed. Please return completed forms and the pastoral reference letter to the Office of Event Productions:
Mail: 2825 Lexington Road | Louisville, KY 40280
Once the event has been approved, an event agreement will be sent to the billing party for review. A signed copy of the document should be returned along with a 25% deposit of the estimated charges.
- The “Billing Information” sheet on page seven of the the Wedding Application Packet PDF will determine who is responsible for payment of all aspects of the wedding.
- Two weeks following the wedding the Billing Party(s) will receive an invoice from the Office of Event Productions summarizing the billing information. Billing Party(s) are asked to pay upon receipt of the invoice.
- The SBTS Catering Services department will provide all catering, however, the wedding cake may be provided by an outside source. All catering requests will be coordinated through the Office of Event Productions.
- Outside refreshments, including food and drinks, are not permitted in the event space.
- Reserved rooms may be decorated, however the following items may not be used: glitter, confetti, nails, tacks, screws, tape, adhesives, hot wax, staples or other fasteners. Only bows, greenery & flowers held with elastic, ribbon, or pew clips may be placed on the pews.
- Only dripless candles are permitted in Alumni Chapel, Broadus Chapel and Dillard Chapel. Only pillar or votive candles may be used in banquet space. A cover must be placed over the carpet/floor, window ledges and tables where candles are in use.
- If an aisle runner is desired, the runner will need to be 82.5 ft in Alumni Chapel and 66 ft in Broadus Chapel. For safety, aisle runners need to be secured at both ends.
- There are 69 pews in Alumni Chapel and 36 pews in Broadus Chapel. Each pew may be decorated by use of ribbon or pew clips. The use of nails, screws, tape, adhesive, hot wax, staples, or fasteners are prohibited.
- The stage in Alumni Chapel is 10 feet by 7.6 feet (at the largest point). A small staircase will be placed in the center at the foot of the stage. Broadus Chapel has two platforms available in the follow sizes 4.9 feet by 3.2 feet and 6.2 feet by 4.2 feet.
- Members of the wedding party are not allowed to change or move furniture within the event space. Please contact the wedding hostess with special needs regarding the set-up.
- Bubbles may be used outside for a wedding. No birdseed, rice, or confetti may be used.
- All decorations must be removed from event space immediately following the event unless prior arrangements have been made through the Office of Event Productions.
- Any damages to the facilities, furniture, equipment, fixtures, grounds, landscaping or any other SBTS property will be the responsibility of the wedding party and will result in additional charges on the final bill.
- Wedding parties may block guest rooms at the Legacy Hotel located on the SBTS campus. Wedding parties may block up to 30 rooms for their party based on hotel availability. Unreserved rooms will be released from the block one month prior to the wedding date. Please contact the Sales Manager at (502) 897-4567 to reserve guest room block.
- Guest rooms may be billed by individual rooms, one master bill for all rooms within the block, or a combination of a master bill and individual bills.
- Media requests for the ceremony and reception must be submitted to the Office of Event Productions by the deadline indicated on the Event Agreement.
- All events in Alumni Chapel and Broadus Chapel will require a SBTS media technician to be present and to run equipment.
- A SBTS media technician will be present for the rehearsal and ceremony during the scheduled event times with equipment requested through the Office of Event Productions. Additional requests at the time of the event are not guaranteed and may incur additional charges on the final bill.
- All audiocassette tapes and CDs that will be used during the wedding are needed at the time of the rehearsal. Media is unable to use MP3s or mini-discs.
- The Media Services department does not offer videography. Students, faculty and staff may contact Media Services directly to reserve a camcorder.
- Videos that are to be shown during the Reception must be provided to Event Productions to be reviewed prior to the wedding.
- No outside media such as a data projector and microphones are allowed in event space.
- Only Christian music may be played at the wedding ceremony and reception.
- Music played during the wedding ceremony must be the original CD or tape and must hold a copyright through SESAC, BMI or ASCAP. Recorded copies are not permitted.
- Use of the organ provided in either Alumni Chapel or Broadus Chapel require contracting with a SBTS approved musician. Please contact the Office of Event Productions for a list of approved musicians. The wedding party is responsible for contacting and scheduling approved musicians from this list.
Other Important Information
- D.J.’s and/or dancing are prohibited on SBTS premises.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on SBTS premises.
- Smoking is prohibited in SBTS facilities.
SBTS is not responsible for any rental equipment. All rental equipment must be removed from the premises immediately following the event unless prior arrangements have been made through the Office of Event Productions. SBTS does not provide kneeling benches or candelabrums.
SBTS provides 24 hours a day security and may be reached at 897-4444. Please contact Security for any medical emergency. The Information Desk located in the Honeycutt Campus Center is staffed during the following operating hours of Mon. – Fri. 6 a.m. – 12 a.m., Sat. 7:30 a.m. – 10 p.m., and closed on Sunday.
The timeframes defined below include all event activities: decorating, photography, ceremony, and removal of all decorations and other rental items. Additional fees will be assessed if activities extend beyond the times outlined.
Ceremony and Reception Information
Rehearsal: Friday evening from 5:00pm until 7:00pm.
Wedding: A maximum four-hour block beginning no earlier than 11:00am and ending no later than 6:00pm.
All fees include room rate, media equipment, and standard wedding room set-up.*
Alumni Chapel– Contact Us For Rates
Standard Set-up: Preparation of chapel by removing all platform furniture, adding white stairs and unity candle table, moving the piano, provision of a lectern and gift table in the foyer, and straightening dressing rooms.
Broadus Chapel– Contact Us For Rates
Standard Set-up: Preparation of chapel by setting large platform and unity candle table, providing a lectern and gift table in the foyer, and straightening chairs at the front of the chapel.
Heritage Hall– Contact Us For Rates
Catering must be provided by our on-campus catering department
$150.00 flat fee for rehearsal and ceremony